Our Nimbin Family Centre offers an informal, safe, child friendly space for families with children 0-5 years in the Nimbin area to: meet with other families, obtain parenting information, and support each other. Our friendly staff at Nimbin runs Playgroups on Tuesday & Friday, organises regular information sessions, parenting support and education.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE?
The Nimbin Family Centre is aware of the individual needs of children and their parents at different times in their lives. We are a free, open and non-judgmental service for families that offers:
- A child friendly environment with caring staff in a safe and clean meeting place.
- Weekly playgroups during school terms:
- Tuesdays 10 am to noon during school term Babies Group for babies up to 12 months & their carers.
- Fridays 10am to noon during school terms at Nimbin Community Centre, Building E, Lilly Pilly Place (the purple building), 81 Cullen St (car park in Sibley St)
- Guest speakers from a variety of different services with lots of interesting information on kids and families as directed by participants.
- Professional family support and helpful information on parenting.
- Parenting programs promoting pleasurable parenting, during School Terms.
- Referral and Advocacy.
- Support Groups for women & men as required.
- Links to other services such as childcare, housing, legal service, family and child services and Start Together Program.
WHO CAN USE OUR SERVICES?
Families, friends and carers with children under 5 years living in Nimbin and the surrounding area are welcome to just drop in to 81 Cullen St when a playgroup is on - or phone 6621 2489 for more information.
Everyone is welcome including:
· Young parents
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families
· Parents with disabilities
· Families living in isolated areas
· Families from diverse cultural background
ACCESSING THE SERVICES
Any family member can contact us by phone or in person whenever information or support is needed.
You are welcome to attend our playgroups, have a chat with the Centre staff, and drop in for a play, feed baby or use the bathroom.
The Nimbin Family Centre supports local families and individuals to build safe, supportive and healthy family relationships.
For more information, please click here to download a 365kB PDF brochure on the Nimbin playgroups.