Family Support Network are proud to announce that we are now the Australian Parents As Teachers Foundational Training Office.
Our Start Together team – Sarah and Karen – have been working with families using the Parents As Teachers program for the past 5 years. Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an evidence-based home visiting model that promotes optimal early development, learning and health of children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers.
PAT Foundational Training (0-3 years) runs over 3 days.
This training is for organisations and individuals working with families who have children from pre-natal to school age. Some of the areas covered will be:
- Skills in supporting parenting behaviour that strengthens relationships within families
- Techniques to enhance observation skills
- Strategies to increase parent knowledge of early childhood development
- Knowledge in early detection of developmental delays and health issues
- Techniques to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Information to increase children’s school readiness and success
Fact Sheets on the Parents As Teachers Model are available here (4MB PDF)
Parents As Teachers training comes to Sydney, NSW next.
During 3 full days of training you will learn how to use the PAT Online Curriculum in Home Visiting.
Sydney training is Monday 20th April to Wednesday 22nd April 2020.
We are taking online enrolments here.
You will recieve payment instructions and a tax invoice after you enrol.
We are also taking enrolments for Gold Coast, Qld Wednesday 24th to Friday 26th June 2020 here.
Contact Us to join our PAT Mailing List or phone 02 66212489 and ask for Sarah.