Provides parenting support, education, home visits, group programs, information, resources, advocacy and referral for families in Lismore local government area with dependent children 0-17 years old. Our Family Workers recognise the uniqueness of each family and offers emotional and practical assistance to families seeking extra support and information to strengthen and maintain parenting and family relationships.
WHO DO WE ASSIST?
All families with dependent children in the Lismore area. With priority being given to …
- Families with children 0-17 years
- Young parents
- Aboriginal families
- Families from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Families with same sex parents
- Parents with special needs
- Socially & physically isolated families
WHY DO FAMILIES COME TO FAMILY SUPPORT?
- For information about local services and resources
- For assistance to contact other services
- To strengthen parenting knowledge and skills
- To enhance family relationships and functioning
- To connect with other families and the community
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Confidential individual and family sessions with an experienced Family Worker.
- Information and practical assistance so families are able to make contact with other services such as childcare, legal advice, housing, employment, health, specialist counselling.
- Parenting and support groups.
- Help with information around your child’s behaviour and development.
- Assistance with budgeting and home management.
You can download an 800KB PDF copy of our Child Youth & Family Support brochure.
"Good to have adult communication; good to get information, tools and new ways to manage situations with children. Home visits were useful."