Family Support Network are proud to announce that we are now the Australian Parents As Teachers Foundational Training Office.
Our Start Together team – Sarah and Karen – have been working with families using the Parents As Teachers program for the past 5 years. Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an evidence-based home visiting model that promotes optimal early development, learning and health of children by supporting and engaging their parents and caregivers.
Sarah and Karen are both currently training to be trainers in this program, and will co-facilitate this training at the Gold Coast in July this year, alongside expert trainers from PAT USA.
Sarah is taking enrolments now, Enrolments close June 10 2018.
PAT Foundational Training (0-3 years) runs over 3 days : July 10-12th 2018
and Foundational 2 (3 to 5 years ) runs over 2 days: 16th-17th July 2018.
This training is for organisations and individuals working with families who have children from pre-natal to school age. Some of the areas covered will be:
- Skills in supporting parenting behaviour that strengthens relationships within families
- Techniques to enhance observation skills
- Strategies to increase parent knowledge of early childhood development
- Knowledge in early detection of developmental delays and health issues
- Techniques to prevent child abuse and neglect
- Information to increase children’s school readiness and success
Brochure for course 1 here. Brochure for the second course here. Enrolment form here.